How to Install a WordPress Platform
A WordPress platform can be easily installed. You require a domain of the website’s server and hosting provider. The website’s server should be accessible. Click on http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress to follow the instructions for installing a platform.
How to Install a Theme
The Easy Method You must note that a .zip file should not be installed if it has multiple themes. Otherwise, you will receive an error. The downloaded file has to be unzipped and the themes have to be uploaded individually.
- Go to ‘Appearance’ in WordPress admin. Click on ‘Themes’.
- Choose ‘Install Themes’.
- Select ‘Upload’ option.
- Your WordPress theme has a .zip file. Select it. Click on ‘Install Now’. If the .zip file has multiple themes, you should not upload it.
- Once the theme is uploaded, activate it.
The Traditional Method
- Download the theme and unzip it.
- Select an FTP program like Filezilla and Transmit.
- Sign in to the server through FTP software.
- There is a /wp-content/themes/ directory in which the theme has to be uploaded.
- Go to ‘Themes’ in ‘Appearance’. Active it.
This completes the process.