It is very easy to install a WordPress theme. You only need to follow the below mentioned instructions for its installation:
- Go to ‘Appearance’ in WordPress admin. Click on ‘Themes‘.
- Choose ‘Install Themes‘.
- Select ‘Upload‘ option.
- Your WordPress theme has a .zip file. Select it. Click on ‘Install Now‘. If the .zip file has multiple themes, you should not upload it.
- Once the theme is uploaded, activate it.
Make sure that you are not uploading any .zip file which has multiple themes. Otherwise, it will show an error. Most of our themes include different variations of a specific theme. In case you have purchased a theme with such variations, extract the .zip file which has been downloaded. Upload .zip file for each individual theme variation.
The Traditional Method
- Download the theme and unzip it.
- Select an FTP program like Filezilla and Transmit.
- Sign in to the server through FTP software.
- There is a /wp-content/themes/ directory in which the theme has to be uploaded.
- Go to ‘Themes’ in ‘Appearance’. Active it.
This completes the process.